Sunday 5 March 2017

Me And My Snowman - New Challenge At Lovely Haenglar Or Sweet Magnolia And A DT CALL!!!

hello. lovely blogger friend's.
I hope you are well?
Today see's a new month long challenge at Lovely Haenglar or Sweet magnolia
Before I tell you what this months challenge is, we are super excited to tell that we are having a DT call. We are looking for 4 crafter's to join us. The team are very friendly, helpful and lovely and we are always there for each other.

The requirements are;
One card per month
Leave comments on our entries with the number you are assigned.
You must have an active blog and a Facebook account would be desirable.
Be reliable and on time with your creations.

If you would like to join us just add DT after your name or you can email Gina at the following address; gina@badhouse.co.uk
Put DT call in the subject and please include a link to your blog.

So on to ur challenge theme which is.....................ANYTHING GOES
Our wonderful sponsor is Wild Orchid Crafts

I have made my 1st Christmas card of 2017.
Your probably thinking er! A Christmas card in March, but I need to get organised early! Although I don't know how long it will last 😁

I used Me and My Snowman from Magnolia Aspen Holidays 2016 Collection.
The image is stamped with Memento rich cocoa ink onto Bristol board extra smooth cardstock and cut around using an oval template.
I have coloured the image with Prismacolor & Polychromos pencils.
I have matted the finished image onto a Spellbinders floral oval.


For the shape of my card I used GoKreate large frame frilly#2 and Maja Design 'A Gift For You' underneath the Christmas tree 12 x 12 sheet.
Other dies used are; Marianne Design Anja's Vintage decoration and Ivy circle.
Sizzix 'on the edge' snow flurries and holiday greens. Joy Crafts Ice crystal circle and Billes flourishes and build a snowman from Magnolia Doohickey club vol 12.
I inked the die cuts with Tim Holtz Vintage photo distress ink.


A close look at the floral arrangements and the snowman.
I coated the arrangements with Snow - Tex.
The lantern is Wycinanka.
I coated the snowman with glamour dust and adhered a piece of black card behind his head so that his mouth and eyes were visible.
I coloured his nose and arms with Polychromos pencils and added 3D gloss to his nose.


A close look at Tilda with her snowman.
I used a snowflake stamp to stamp around the outside of the image and sprinkled shabby white embossing enamel around the inside.
I adhered a length of 2mm white pearl string around the outside of the image and created the snow balls with Snow - Tex.
I used Wink of Stella clear glitter pen on the snowman and used 3D gloss on his nose.
On the ground I used glamour dust.
I dotted Tilda's cheeks with a white gelly roll pen.


Inside the card is decorated with design papers and the smallest of a GoKreate large frame frilly #2 die cut.

I hope you like my card?

We would love for you to come and join in with our new Anything Goes challenge which ends on Friday March 31st.
If you are looking for some inspiration then why not pop over HERE and take a peek at the gorgeous designs that my teamies have created.

I am entering the following super challenge's;
(Die cuts, lace, shaped card, chipboard Magnolia stamp & pearls)


Thanks for stopping by to visit today and big thanks for all the lovely comments that you so kindly take the time to leave for me to read.

Have a great week ahead.
Crafty Hugs
Donna xx












8 comments:

  1. Such a stunning card Donna!! I absolutely love it! Your colouring and embellishments are totally beautiful.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna omg it's amazing how cute is your snowman die with them full of stunning elements just love it lots my Crafty friend and thank you for inspiring us at The Midweek Magnolias Challenge. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card with wonderful details and design. Love it Donna. Thank you for sharing with us over at Midweek Magnolias.
    Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet! Lovely details. Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness - this is gorgeous! I love that little snowman! thanks so much for sharing with us at Christmas Card Challenges! - Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet image - and lots of lovely embellishing. Thank you for joining in the challenge at CHNC for March.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna, Wow, this is amazing, I love it. You've really captured the frosty feel of winter. Just stunning.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete