Sunday 23 August 2015

On The Road Tilda And A New Challenge At Simply Magnolia

Hello, again!!! Lovely blogger friends.
This is my second blog post today. If you would like to see my first post for The Ribbon Girl August Magnolia Only add LACE challenge then you can find it HERE
Our new fortnightly challenge at Simply Magnolia also starts today and this time around our challenge theme is FUN IN THE SUN!

Instead of a sponsor for this fortnight, the prize will be a Guest DT spot for Simply Magnolia!

I have made a shaped card for a special friend.

I used On The Road Tilda from the Sea Breeze 2013 Collection.
The image is stamped with Memento rich cocoa ink onto Neenah cardstock and cut out using a CartUs oval die.
I have coloured the image with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils and matted it onto a Cheery Lynn French pastry doily.



For my shaped card I used GoKreate large frame frilly #2 and Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics from Live & Love Crafts
Other dies used are Marianne Design Anja's Vintage decoration, La La Land hot air balloon, heart doily border and cherry blossom branches. Magnolia Doohickey lovely fence and fruit tree. Joy Crafts Billes flourishes.
I have inked the die cuts with SSS Lavender premium ink pad.
The 65mm Louise white Guipure lace and flatback Ivory flower string across the card are from 



A close look at the tree and butterfly.
I have embellished the tree and butterfly with a selection of 3mm liking lilac and white s/a pearl flatbacks from The Ribbon Girl The larger pearl in the centre of the butterfly is from my craft stash.
The butterflies on the fence are punched out with a Woodware craft punch.
The enchanted butterfly is from Live & Love Crafts
I painted it with white Gesso and rubbed it over with lavender ink.
The resin dove is from The Ribbon girl I've given that a coat of Gesso too.


The flower arrangement consists of lilac 30mm wild roses and Ivory 20mm open roses from 
The Ribbon Girl The lilac 15mm open roses and babies breath are from WOC


A close up of On The Road Tilda.
I have used Frantage shabby white embossing enamel around the edge of the image (I ran out of pearl string.) So annoying. Lol!!!
I sprinkled it around the image too.
I used glamour dust on the roses in Tilda's basket and dotted her cheeks with a white gelly roll pen.


Inside the card is decorated with design paper and a Spellbinders floral oval.

We would love for you to come and join in with our fortnightly challenge.
My teamies have designed some gorgeous creations.
Why not pop over HERE for a peek?

I am entering my card into the following super challenges;

Thank you for stopping by to visit today and big thanks for all the lovely comments that I receive.
Crafty hugs
Donna xx






















10 comments:

  1. This is amazing work Donna. Tilda is gorgeous and your card has so many gorgeous embellishments. Love the cherry blossoms - so pretty and the butterfly is beautiful.
    Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    As an apology for my lack in blogging lately I have a £10 Ribbon Girl voucher. It is also a celebration candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the gorgeous scene you created ! fab colors and design
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card....pretty colors and so many lovely details.
    xxx Plony

    ReplyDelete
  4. me again :)
    thanks for playing withus at tilda's town
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is unbelievably gorgeous!!!! Love it! Thank you so much for sharing your breathtaking creation with us at Tilda's Town! Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Donna, this is exactly what my heart needed tonight. This is one of my absolute favorite cards you've ever made... I love it so much. Your coloring is always spectacular and your designing is inspiring as ever. Your friend will treasure this! Every precious detail is beautiful.

    Also, I am returning to Blogger tonight to find some normalcy during this very tough time... but I must ask your forgiveness. I am so behind everywhere that I have to make the sad choice to only comment on everyone's most recent post. :( I really dislike doing this, but it's the only way I can get back on track. Thank you for being a lovely crafting pal... I am so thankful for you and your work. It is a joy to be back to visiting you.

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very pretty Donna with so much attention to all the little details.

    Many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous. Thank you very much for playing along with us at TILDA'S TOWN this week & the very best of luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I love love this card!!! The tree is just stunning my fav bit!! I adore this Tilda too!! Love the colours and the little fence it really is a great wee scene with the balloon in the background.. My fav Donna creation ever :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I love love this card!!! The tree is just stunning my fav bit!! I adore this Tilda too!! Love the colours and the little fence it really is a great wee scene with the balloon in the background.. My fav Donna creation ever :) xx

    ReplyDelete