Sunday 15 March 2015

Guest Design Team Member, Divine Tilda And A March Colour Challenge At The Ribbon Girl

Good morning, crafty bloggers.
I hope you are well? 
Happy Mother's day to all you yummy Mummy's out there.
I an so excited to be sharing my post with you today. Mary from The Ribbon Girl e-mailed me a couple of weeks ago after I was picked at random to win their Magnolia only card challenge and asked me If I would like to be Guest DT member in the next few months. Yes, yes, yes was the answer and I can tell you that it didn't take me long to e-mail Mary back. Lol!!! So I am here to share my first creation using lots of yummy products from The Ribbon Girl My favourite online store for my crafting supplies.

Today over on The Ribbon Girl challenge blog is the March colour challenge which
is................GREEN

I used Divine Tilda from The Waiting For Christmas 2014 Collection.
The image is stamped with Memento rich cocoa ink onto Neenah cardstock and cut out using a Joy Crafts Noor! Design oval.
I have coloured the image with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils.
Here is my card


For my shaped card I used Go Kreate large frame frilly #2 and Maja Design Coffee in the Arbour papers.
Other dies used are Marianne Design Anja's Vintage decoration and clock. La - La Land heart doily border and cherry blossom branch.  Cheery Lynn French pastry doily, Magnolia Doohickey bride bow and Joy Crafts Billes flourishes.
I have inked all the die cuts with Tim Holtz frayed burlap distress ink.
The pretty 45mm Jessica white Guipure lace and 10mm double row Ivory pearl trim along the bottom of the card are from The Ribbon Girl


The resin cameo roses frame flatback, large silver butterfly charm, Ivory resin dove, oval green diamante embellishment, green princess pin, Ivory pearl vintage trinket pins, Kort & Godt white chrysanthemums and white beaded stamens are all from The Ribbon Girl
I have painted the frame, butterfly and dove with white Gesso and rubbed them withTim Holtz pine needles distress ink to give a lovely green colour. The 3mm sea charm s/a pearl flatbacks that I used to embellish the butterfly are also from The Ribbon Girl
The 30mm Ivory rose and green 25mm roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts.
The Mother's day sentiment is a freebie from Birds Cards


Here is a closer look at the large butterfly charm.
I will be buying a lot more of these. I loved the overall finish.


Here is a close look at the bow with gorgeous oval green diamante.
I will be using a lot more of them too. They come in a variety of different colours.


Here is a close up of Tilda.
I used some 3mm sea charm s/a pearl flatbacks and Ranger white liquid pearls around the image.
I have dotted Tilda's cheeks with a Inkssentials opaque white pen.


As always I have decorated inside the card with design paper and a Joy Crafts Noor! Design oval.

There are 2 fabulous prizes up for grabs for this challenge.

A £10 voucher to spend in The Ribbon Girl online store


Marianne Design die set and clear stamps


We would love you to come and join in with the March colour challenge.
The DT ladies have designed some gorgeous creations.
Why not pop over HERE for a peek?

I am entering my card into the following super challenges


Before I go I would like to wish a big Happy Birthday to Mary! Have a great day!

Thank you for stopping by to visit today and big thanks for all the lovely comments.
Crafty hugs
Donna xx














14 comments:

  1. OMG Donna, so fab card, green is not my fav color but i totally love when you add a touch of green
    hugs and congrats
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word Donna this is simply GORGEOUS!! Love all those green accents...so many fabulous layers of perfection!! Have a great day Donna!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna your card is soooo gorgeous ... love all the wonderful details :0)))

    Thanks for playing with us at Magnolia Mania ;0)

    Hugs Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely card Donna, thanks so much for being our guest! Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, details are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town for our challenge
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card with stunning details.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Love your coloration ♥
    Thanks for sharing with us at Magnolia Mania!
    Hugs, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! What a cute card. I'm so in love with that pretty Devine Tilda. Love love love it.
    Thanks for sharing on Magnolia Mania.
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowwwwww schitterend mooie kaart heb je gemaakt Donna. Bedankt voor je deelname bij Time for Magnolia. Groetjes Marga.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Donna your card is just amazing! And I love your butterfly! Thanks for joining our butterflychallenge @ Magnolia Mania! Hugs,
    Sarah, GDT Magnolia Mania,
    http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, details are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town for our blog challenge. Hugs Malin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Wow Wow! This Card is Perfect the right balance of Colour, Embellies and Layers. Thanks for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful card!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia Mania

    hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Donna how gorgeous is your butterfly and bow with the green centre perfect with her xx

    ReplyDelete