Sunday 15 March 2015

For You Tilda And A New Challenge At Lovely Haenglar Or Sweet Magnolia

Hello again, crafty blogger's.
I say again because this is my 2nd post today. If you want to see my 1st post as Guest DT for The Ribbon Girl then just click HERE    
Today we have a new fortnightly challenge starting at Lovely Haenglar Or Sweet Magnolia and this time our challenge theme is
BUTTERFLIES
I love butterflies. Do you?
Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is lovely Sandy at Live & Love Crafts Sandy will be giving a £10 voucher to spend in her online store for one lucky winner!

I have made another Mother's day card A commissioned card for my hubby's work colleague to give to her Mum.

I used For You Tilda from the Lost & Found 2014 Collection.
The image is stamped with Memento rich cocoa ink onto Neenah cardstock and cut out using a CartUs oval and matted onto a Joy Crafts Noor! Design oval.
I have coloured the image with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils.



For my shaped card I used GoKreate large frame frilly # 2 and Maja Design walking in the forest papers.
Other dies used are marianne Design Anja's vintage decoration and clock. La - La- Land heart doily border and cherry blossom branches. Tim Holtz on the edge butterflight (cut with the design papers.) Cheery Lynn French pastry doily and Joy Crafts Billes flourishes.
I inked the die cuts with Tim Holtz frayed burlap distress ink.
The pretty lace is from Live & Love Crafts
The wooden heart button and hemp twine are from The Ribbon Girl


The flower arrangement consists of a 30mm Ivory rose and 15mm mocha roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. The Kort & Godt chrysanthemums, Vintage Teal Mini Dahlia's and Vintage style Ivory trinket pins are from The Ribbon Girl 


The resin Mellissa Frances Chiswick oval frame is from The Ribbon Girl and in their sale at present.
I painted the frame with white Gesso and punch out the tiny butterflies with a Woodware punch. I applied some white Ranger liquid pearls along the centre of the butterflies.
The sentiment is a freebie from Birds Cards


Here is a close look at For You Tilda. I have coloured her quite a few times now.
I used glossy accents on the heart of Tilda's dungarees and added Ranger white liquid pearls on the bouquet and around the image.
I dotted Tilda's cheeks with a Inkssentials opaque white pen.


Inside the card is decorated with design paper and a Joy Crafts Noor! Design oval.

We would love you to come and join in with our fortnightly challenge.
My teamies have designed some gorgeous creations.
Why not pop on over for a peek?

I am entering my card into the following super challenges;
Midweek Magnolia's Challenge #109...................Pearls & Lace (I used liquid pearls. I'm not sure If that applies?)

Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog today and BIG thanks for all the lovely comments. They make me very happy.
Crafty hugs
Donna xx

















9 comments:

  1. Wow you're card is amazing such a beauty.I do love the colors very much.And OOOh the tiny hearts at the bouquet so cute!!!!

    Have a nice Sunday,
    Big Hugs Ju@nita

    ReplyDelete
  2. another jewel !!!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! a beautiful card Donna, stunning display of embellishments and your PEARL stick pin and liquid pearls along with that lace are just perfect for our challenge over at Midweek Magnolias. Thank you for joining us. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm back :)
    thanks for playing with us at tilda's town
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet card! Love your color choices. Thanks for joining us at Midweek Magnolias.

    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!
    Thank you for taking part in Tildas town Challenge
    Hugs
    Christina x .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwww Donna, this card is alsooooo soooo amazing! Love your work and thank you again for joining our Time for Magnolia Challenge / Butterflies! Good luck, warm hugs, Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you're card is amazing thanks for joining us at Time For Magnolia!!

    Hugs Marrie
    DT member TFMC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Donna wow so much incredible detail love your butterflies and flowers and dies. This tilda is way too cute <3

    ReplyDelete