Sunday 30 November 2014

Merry Christmas Tilda And A New Challenge At Simply Magnolia.

Good morning, crafty blogger's.
I hope you are all well?
Today we have a new challenge starting at Simply Magnolia and this time our challenge is;
VINTAGE.
Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is
Live & Love Crafts

This is the fifth commissioned card. I have now completed all seven and can finally get on with making my own Christmas cards for friends and family.

I used Merry Christmas Tilda from the Winter Wonderland 2013 Collection.
The image is stamped with Memento rich cocoa ink onto Neenah cardstock and cut out using a Joy Crafts Noor Design oval.
I have coloured the image with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils.




For my shaped card I used GoKreate large frame frilly #2 and Maja Design A Gift For You papers.
Other dies used are La - La - Land heart doily border, Sizzix on the edge snow flurries, Marianne Design ivy circle, Christmas tree 1 and lamp. Doohickey bloomy tag, Joy Crafts Billes flourishes and Cheery Lynn pine branches.
I lightly sanded the papers and inked the die cuts with Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink.
The pretty lace across the bottom of the card is from Live & Love Crafts.


For the flower arrangement I used a selection of flowers, berries and pine cone from Wild Orchid Crafts and Live & Love Crafts.
I coated the arrangement with Snow - Tex.
I have coated the Christmas tree and lamp with Diamond Dust Twinklets and decorated the tree with a string of 3mm white pearls.
The sentiment is computer generated in MS Word using a Vintage digi stamp from Pink Gem Designs
I sprinkled a little shabby white Frantage onto the sentiment.


As always I have taken a close up picture of Merry Christmas Tilda.
I dotted Tilda's cheeks with an Inkssentials opaque white pen.


Inside the card is decorated with design paper and a Joy Crafts Noor Design oval.
I am still practising with my soft photo cube on how to get the correct light when taking a side view of my cards but, it's not quite right yet. Lol!!!

We would love you to come and join in with our fortnightly challenge.
My teamies have designed some gorgeous creations.
Why not pop on over for a peek?

I am entering my card into the following super challenges;
Tilda's Town Challenge #132..................It's Winter  (Not sure if my card qualifies for the challenge theme)

Thanks for stopping by to visit today and huge thanks for all the lovely comments I receive.
Crafty hugs
Donna xx





5 comments:

  1. Oh Donna this is BEAUTIFUL!! I SO LOVE the way you colour...there is such depth in all your sweet characters!! I love all you embellies...gorgeous card!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow Donna, this card is fantastic !!!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna so many stunning details just love every inch :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous, thank you for playing along with us at TILDA'S TOWN this week & the very best of luck. Merry Christmas, love Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna! Your Tilda coloring is wonderful! Darling card! thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town!

    ReplyDelete