Sunday 2 November 2014

Baby Edwin And A New Challenge At Simply Magnolia.

Good morning, crafty blogger's
I hope you are well?
Welcome and a big thank you to my new followers.
Once I reach 100 followers I will be giving away some blog candy!

We have a new challenge starting today at Simply Magnolia and this time our challenge theme is Bling It On.
Lets see some bling on your cards/projects.
Our wonder sponsor for this challenge is The Rubber Buggy with a $15 voucher for one lucky winner!

I have another commissioned card to share for a baby's 1st Birthday.
This one was taken a few weeks ago before I bought my soft photo cube.
You can really tell the difference with the light.

I used Baby Edwin.
The image is stamped with Memento rich cocoa ink onto Neenah cardstock and cut out using a Mariannes Design stitched circle.
I have coloured the image with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils.




For my shaped card I used GoKreate large frame frilly #2 and Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics papers.
Other dues used are La - La - Land heart border doily, Cheery Lynn french pastry doily, Marianne design clock, Memory Box simple banner and classic numbers.
I have inked the die cuts with Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink.
The white mesh across the centre of the card is from my local haberdashery store.
The Birthday sentiment is from LOTV. I matted it onto a Spellbinders scalloped circle and added a couple of 3mm white pearls.
I cut out the letters to spell Jacob with Pion studio of memories design paper.
The butterfly is cut out using Vintage Spring Basics and inked with tea dye distress ink.


The arrangements consist of a selection of flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, The Ribbon Girl and 
Live & Love Crafts.
The ABC charm is from Live & love Crafts and the star pins are from The Ribbon Girl.
I have painted a little white modelling paste onto the star pins.


Here is a close up of Baby Edwin.
I surrounded the image with Frantage shabby white embossing enamel and dotted Edwin's cheeks with a Inkssentials opaque white pen.


Inside the card is decorated with Maja Design paper and a Marianne Design stitched circle.

Our challenge is 2 weekly and we would love you to come and join in.
My teamies have designed some gorgeous creations. Why not pop over for a peek?

I am entering my card into the following super challenges;


Thank you for stopping by to visit today and big thanks for all the lovely comments I receive.
They mean so much to me.

Have a lovely Sunday.
Crafty hugs
Donna x










6 comments:

  1. Donna, This card is so gorgeous, love the shape and the gorgeous dies you used!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply GORGEOUS Donna...I was thinking GORGEOUS before I read Celine's comment...LOL!!! I love all your BLING and sweet little Edwin!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a real fun card Donna and lovely colours.

    Thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Donna,

    What a lovely card!!

    Greetings Marrie
    DT member Time For Magnolia challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwwwwwwwww I really love your card Donna! Thank you so much for joining our TFM Challenge again! Good luck and hope to see you next time! Warm hugs, Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card, I love all the wonderful die cuts, very sweet, nicely done
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete