Thursday 19 June 2014

Guard Of The Castle Edwin.

Hello, crafty bloggers.
I hope you are well?
My hubby is celebrating his 50th Birthday next week and so I have made him a card.
He served as a Grenadier guard for 6 years in the 80's.
When I saw Melly's gorgeous card featuring Guard Of The Castle Edwin I had to buy him especially to go on my hubby's card.

I hope you like it?

I used Guard Of The Castle Edwin from The Little London 2013 Collection.
The stamp is from The Glitter Pot 
The image is stamped with Memento rich cocoa ink onto Neenah cardstock and cut out using a Spellbinders floral oval.
I have coloured the image with Prismacolor pencils.
I inked around the edge of the oval with red ink and sprinkled Frantage shabby white embossing enamel around the image.



The papers are Docrafts Gorjuss by Santoro. I distressed red Woodware cardstock and matted the papers onto them.
The black & white striped buttons and ribbon are Docrafts Simply gorjuss.
The white mesh is what hubby picked up for me from our local haberdashery store and the wooden stars are from Live & Love Crafts.The sentiment is from Lili Of The Valley.
I die cut the number 50 using Memory Box classic numbers.


A close up of Edwin.
Mel inspired me with her texture colouring on Edwin's bearskin so I had a go using my pencils.
Thanks Mel!
I have adhered 3mm white pearls around the image.



Inside the card is decorated.


I am entering my card into the following super challenge.



Thanks for stopping by and big thanks for the lovely comments.
Crafty hugs.
Donna xx










5 comments:

  1. Wow Donna, what a perfect male card, your colouring of Edwin is awesome! The details are all amazing, I love those little stars from LLC! Happy Birthday to your hubby in advance :)
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful card for your husband hope he loved it! love the details and stars..hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I looooove this card more everytime I see it! The Rich colours and Fabulous Layout Totally Amazing! Done in pencil too I would never have picked that! Enjoy your Week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adorable, Donna. Fabulous coloring job. Thank you for sharing it with us at Midweek Magnolias.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna he is looking so hansome with your colouring ...love the papers and the touch of red ...hubby will have loved it :) xx

    ReplyDelete