Sunday 18 May 2014

New Challenge At Simply Magnolia..............Add A Sky!

Good afternoon, crafty bloggers.
We have a new challenge starting today at Simply Magnolia and this time our challenge theme is Add A Sky!
Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is

This challenge scared the life out of me. Lol!!! I have just about taught myself how to colour grass let alone a sky! 
I have had a go at masking too and for our challenge I have made a shaped card featuring Honey Bee Tilda from The Summer Memories Collection 2012 and masked her with Meadow Daisy also from The Summer Memories Collection 2012.
I know I bought the stamps in a sale but, I can't remember where?

Here is my card




I have stamped Honey Bee Tilda and Meadow Daisy onto neenah cardstock with Memento rich cocoa ink and coloured the images and sky with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils.
I used 300gsm white Conqueror card to matt the colouring onto and inked the edges with Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink.

For the shaped card I have used 300gsm white Conqueror card and GoKreate large frames frilly #2 from Cuttingedge crafts. 
The papers are Maja design Vintage Summer Basics from Live & Love Crafts. 
I have also inked the papers with tea dye distress ink.
The doily and lovely lace are from Ebay. You can find the lace HERE. 
The filigree corner is La-La-Land. I inked the corner with tea dye distress ink and adhered a 3mm white pearl to it.
The resin dove is from The Ribbon Girl and I have painted a little white Gesso on it.
The fence is Dohickey lovely fence and the dragonfly is also Dohickey.
I have inked the fence with tea dye distress ink and Frantaged the dragonfly with shabby white embossing enamel adhering a couple of 5mm pink pearls along the centre of the dragonfly.
The bee charm is from The Ribbon Girl. 


For the flower arrangements I have used small ivory gardenia, 20mm pink roses, pink and white tulips and white lilies from The Ribbon Girl. 
White Kort & Godt chrysanthemums from Live & Love Crafts and 15mm whie roses from 
For the foliage I have die cut Cherry Lynn pine branches and ink them with tea dye distress ink.



A close up of Honey Bee Tilda.
I have added ArtDeco glamour dust to her wings and adhered  a few 3mm white pearls around the image. I dotted Tilda's cheeks with a Inkssentials opaque white pen.


Inside the card is decorated with the design paper.

I would love to know what you think of the sky?
Please be kind?


We would love you to come and join in with our Add A Sky challenge.
My teamies have designed some gorgeous creations.
Why not pop over for a peek?


I am entering my card into the following super challenges:




Thank you for stopping by to visit today and big thanks for the lovely comments I receive.

Crafty hugs.
Donna x










5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet image Donna, and your sky looks fab! Beautiful card.

    XX Inge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna I love these stamps she is stunning in pink !! love love your sky you must do a tutorial !! no pressure lol ..your flowers charm and dove just add to this beauty ..this one is a winner ;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I just love your sky, I have trouble colouring sky, your card is stunning, great image!! and thanks so much for joining us at Midweek Magnolias, Love,Mel.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! what a fabulous pink creation this is. Love it to bits Donna. Thank you for coming over to play with us at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card sweetie, love the pink. Your colouring is awesome & I especially love the sky I think you done an awesome job, do it more often hun.
    Thank you for also joining us at Midweek Magnolia's, hope you will join us for our new challenge.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete