Wednesday 23 April 2014

Vintage Bridal Couple.

Hello, crafty blogger's.
I have a commissioned card to share featuring Magnolia Vintage Bridal Couple from the 2013 Special Moments Collection for a couple celebrating 50 golden years of marriage.
How wonderful is that?
I have made a square card for a change. Lol!!!


I cut a rectangle of Neenah cardstock and stamped Vintage Bridal Couple onto it with Memento rich cocoa ink.
I coloured the image with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils.
I have rounded the corners at the top and sprinkled Frantage shabby white embossing enamel from Live & Love Crafts around the image.
I inked around the edges of the card with Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink.

I made the card base with 300gsm white Conqueror card and inked the edges with tea dye distress ink.
The papers are Maja design Sofiero "Princess Margareta's Garden" from Dies To Die For and I have distressed them with a Tim Holtz paper distresser..
The white doily and pretty lace are from Ebay. You can find the lace HERE. 
I have sdhered 3mm white pearls to the doily and 5mm white pearls to the top right of the card.
The butterflies are Memory Box Pippi. I have frantaged them with shabby white embossing enamel and coloured the centres with a yellow Promarker.
The vintage filigree corner and large bark heart are from Live & Love Crafts. I adhered a single 3mm white pearl on to the filigree corner. The number 50 is Memory Box classic numbers.
I Frantaged the number 50 with shabby white embossing enamel.
I computer generated the sentiment in word using Harrington Font 16 and inked the edges with tea dye distress ink. I adhered 3mm white pearls along the sentiment.


The flower arrangement consists of a 30mm two tone yellow tea rose, 25mm ivory roses and 10mm yellow roses all from Wild Orchid Crafts. 
Kort & Godt white chrysanthemums and marshmallow frosted berries from Live & Love Crafts. 
For the foliage I have used Cheery Lynn pine branches and Martha Stewart woodland branches.
I inked the branches with tea dye distress ink.


Here is a close up of Tilda and Edwin.
I added ArtDeco glamour dust to Tilda's tiara and  used Ranger white liquid pearls among the lilies.
I dotted Tilda and Edwins cheeks with a Inkssential opaque white pen.


Inside the card is decorated with Sofiero paper and a Spellbinders decorative labels one.


I hope you like what you see?



I am entering my card into the following super challenges:





Thank you for stopping by and big thanks for all the lovely comments I receive.

Crafty hugs.
Donna xx











3 comments:

  1. Wow lovely card, fab distressing, thanks for sharing with us at Bunny Zoe's, hgs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! Stunning colors and flowers, love the pearls and heart. :)

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna wow your colouring on them is stunning as with the beautiful flowers and gorgeous heart :) xxx

    ReplyDelete