Saturday 2 November 2013

A Christmas Stocking & Some News!!!

Good afternoon, crafty bloggers.
Oh, there's so much excitement in my house today.
In September I made a Christmas stocking to enter into Magnolia Ink's magazine contest and guess what? When the magazine arrived this morning I saw that I had won! Yes.................. I am  a winner!
I am so thrilled to have been picked.
It's the little things in life that make me happy and this really has. Lol!!!
 
Here is my stocking.
 
 
 
I have coloured Tilda With Little Rudolf with Polychromos pencils and cut around the image.
The stocking template is from Sandra's Scrapshop.
I have used Woodware recycled card to make the stocking base and the papers are Maja Design
 "It's Christmas Time."
I used shabby white frantage from Live & Love Crafts onto Noor Designs "Winter Wishes" snowflake die cuts and placed them between the papers.
I inked the edges of the papers with Tim Holtz "tea dye" distress ink.
The pretty lace is from The Ribbon Girl
The slender firs and snowflakes are Magnolia Doohickey dies.
I have inked around the edges of the slender firs with tea dye distress ink and sprayed them with Crafters Companion Spray & Sparkle and added some Rangers icicle stickles to give snow effect.
I have frantaged the snowflakes with shabby white embossing enamel and place a 5mm white pearl onto each of them. The pearls are form The Ribbon Girl
I have hung the gold jingle bells from Cuddly Buddly with DMC N0 8 white cotton Perle.
I made the bow with 15mm white satin edged organza ribbon from Fantastic Ribbons and tied 2 jingle bells to the centre. The 15mm white rose above the bells is from Wild Orchid Crafts.
Once I had placed Tilda With Little Rudolf onto the centre of the card with sticky pads I added 3mm pearls randomly around the scene.
 
 
 
Inside the card is decorated
 
 
 
I used Sizzix Bigz Tattered Poinsettia die cuts and inked the edges with tea dye distress ink. I coated the leaves with Ranger glossy accents and sprinkled them with Twinklets Diamomd Dust.
I coloured the stamens in the centre with a holly green Promarker.
 
 
A close up of adorable Tilda With Little Rudolf.
I have added ArtDeco glamour dust to Tilda's hat trim. pom~pom, waistcoat and trim on her dress.
I dotted Tilda and Rudolf's cheeks with an Inkssentials white opaque pen.
 
 
 
Proud as punch!!!
 
 Enjoy the weekend.
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for all your lovely comments.
 
Crafty hugs.
 
Donna x
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. I saw it too sweeteie and I was so happy to see that you won!!
    Congratulation my friend!!
    So well deserved!

    What a lovely picture of you ♥
    have a wonderful weekend
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win, Donna! You totally deserve it, you are such a talented crafter. You know I'm a big fan! Love your stocking! Big hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna Whoop Whoop ...go girlie am so thrilled for you ...it's just amazing so many gorgeous details ...love every single inch ...especially your beautiful colouring and hanging bells ...love the papers too !! ...so nice to see a picture of you with your special mag !! ....still waiting for my copy to arrive lol ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Donna, it's well deserved. Your stocking card is wonderful. I love it!
    Thanks for joining in our Birthday Bash at Marvelous Magnolia.

    Hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete