Friday 17 August 2012

Fairytale Friday - A dream come true

Welcome to my blog..... oh the excitment is too much to BEAR.
I would like to share my dream come true with each  and every one of you.
Last July I had major surgery which left me with persistent pelvic pain, I felt down and well......depressed I suppose.
I had been making cards for almost 10 years mainly from kits in magazines but after my surgery I seemed to lose interest. Then last November I was at my local supermarket browsing through some magazines when I came across Simply cards & papercraft the magazine was featuring Christmas it looked interesting so I purchased it.
The magazine sat on the table for at least two weeks before I actually opened it. Inside was a seven page article featuring adorable little bears designed by a lady called Gayle Cook, the bears had been coloured so beautifully  and made in to cards by a couple of ladies from the design team the company is called Teddy Bo & Co. I was inspired so, I went on the site to have a look  and WOW!!!  I purchased a couple of images to begin with, but I wondered if I would ever be able to sit  and colour them due to the pain I was suffering  and the very strong pain killers which left me feeling drowsy, but these bears were always in the back of my mind colouring the bears took my mind off the pain  and lifted my spirits. I began entering my creations on to the Teddy Bo & Co blog through facebook at first then I created my own blog  and started entering via that after a couple of Challenges I won runner-up three times in a row then came the big wins I was on a roll!!! I keep saying to my hubby I love these bears so much I want to go to Teddy Bo towers? then last week my dream came true Gayle asked if I would like to join the design team YIPPEE!!! I have had further surgery this year  and I am recovering well, but without Teddy Bo!?!?!? who knows?
Now I would like to share my first card as the new member of the Teddy Bo & Co design team you can also see it on todays Fairytale Friday over at the Teddy Bo & Co blog.
I hope you like it.
Crafty hugs.
Donna.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx



Menu
I have used TeddyBea image_214
Medium - Polychromos pencils
Vintage step card - Whichcraftuk
Papers - Prima Botanical
Embelishments - Rhinestones, Ribbon  and Stickles
Flowers - WOC
Sentiment - Cudddly Buddly




"Little Ballet Bea" 

3 comments:

  1. My sweet sweet friend Donna!
    What a card honey!!... This is totally amazing and I just love everything about it :)
    I am so glad to have you on the team at Teddy Bo and I am so happy to have you living here in the towers with us...
    Welcome to Teddy Bo heaven, hope you will enjoy! Have a wonderful weekend honey and be careful with the turnip tequila and the haggis burgers... ;)
    Loads of hugs and love
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes What a first card !! I just adore how you have written your post ! and I love your vintage step card. Bea is so pretty in these colours ! It all works so perfectly ! So glad your here at Teddybo Towers ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first card is amazing. So glad you found your way into the towers!

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete