Sunday 9 August 2015

MiaMia The Flamingo And a New Challenge At Simply Magnolia

Hello, lovely blogger friends.
I hope you are well.
Today sees a new fortnightly challenge at Simply Magnolia and this time our challenge theme is BY THE SEA!
Our wonderful sponsor is two lovely ladies Mary and Andrea from The Ribbon Girl with a £10 voucher for one lucky winner! 
You may be thinking....................A flamingo by the sea! Now I did my homework on this one and I was surprised to learn that flamingos live in lagoons, shallow lakes, mangrove swamps and sandy beach areas near the low tide marks.
So this sweet MiaMia is on her way to be by the sea!

I have made a tag.
I used MiaMia The Flamingo from the Summer Memories 2012 Collection.
The image is stamped with Memento rich cocoa ink onto Neenah cardstock and cut out using a CartUs oval.
I have coloured the image with Polychromos pencils.



For my tag I used Kraft card and Maja Design Sofiero papers.
I painted white Gesso around the edges of the tag and papers.
Other dies used are seahorse and anchor from Magnolia Doohickey Club Vol 1
Here is a list of all the yummy products that I used on my tag from 
65mm Louise White Guipure Lace, 45mm Jessica White Lace, 10mm Double Row Ivory Pearl Trim, 30mm Shabby White Ruffled Ribbon, 5mm Crystal Bead String, Ivory/White Magnolia Flowers, Pale Pink 20mm Open Roses WOC, 3mm White Pearl String, 3mm White s/a Pearl Flatbacks, Pack of 5 White Hat Pins and 5m Bundle Natural Hemp Twine.


A few close ups.
I have embellished the anchor with a silver plated split ring and chain.
I tied some pink shabby seam binding from WOC into a bow and embellished it with natural hemp twine and a nautical charm that my super bloggy friend sent me.
I painted the edges of the seahorse with white Gesso and used a 3mm s/a white pearl for the eye.


A close look at the flower arrangement.
The beaded berries were in my surprise Magnolia package and the feathers are from 



A close look at MiaMia The Flamingo
I surrounded the image with Frantage shabby white embossing enamel and 3mm white s/a pearls.
I adhered a string of 3mm white pearls around the outside.

I hope you like my tag.

We would love you to come and join in with our challenge.
My teamies have designed some gorgeous by the sea creations. 
Why not pop on over for a peek?

I am entering my tag into the following super challenges;


Thank you for stopping by to visit today and big thanks for all the lovely comments.
Have a great week.
Crafty hugs
Donna xx





















8 comments:

  1. WOW Donna!! What an absolutely fabulous tag...Mia is so beautifully flamboyant...gorgeous embellies!! Have a great day Donna!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Donna! I love this TAG!!! So so beautiful and full of details!

    Thank you so much for joining our summer challenge at All About Magnolia! Hope to see you again next month! ♥

    XoXo DeeDee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna this is a work of art, so much detail, truly beautiful - in fact, if this tag was attached to a gift, it would outshine the gift by a long way!! Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic as usual !!!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, this is the loveliest tag... it is truly a masterpiece and a gift in and of itself! I love your take on the theme and what a darling flamingo! I love how you paired it with the seahorse.. and your flower sand trims are perfection as always. Your work makes my heart so happy. I am forever thankful for your beautiful crafty gift! Have a lovely day, my friend. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous a tag. I love that flamingo and you made it beautifully.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs from Elin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag, so beautifully embellished! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi just love this adore this stamp with that gorgeous pink really like your tag with the fab embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete