Sunday 12 July 2015

Sparkle Poinsettia Tilda And A New Challenge At Simply Magnolia

Hello. blogger friends.
I hope you are well?
Today sees our new fortnightly challenge at Simply Magnolia and this time our challenge them is;CHRISTMAS IN JULY.
My favourite theme.
Our wonderful sponsor for our challenge is Stamp & Create

I used Sparkle Poinsettia Tilda from the Waiting For Christmas 2014 Collection.
The image is stamped with Memento rich cocoa ink onto Neenah cardstock and cut ot using a CartUs oval die cut.
I have coloured the image with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils and matted the image onto a Joy Crafts Noor! oval


For my shaped card I used GoKreate XXL frilly frame #2 and Maja Design Coffee In The Arbour papers from Live & Love Crafts
Other dies used are Joy Crafts edge border 5, winter sentiment and Billes flourishes. Marianne Design clock, Christmas tree 1 and Ivy circle, Cheery Lynn French pastry doily and Sizzix on the edge snow flurries.
I have inked the die cuts with Tim Holtz frayed burlap distress ink.
The gorgeous lace is called "Marie Therese" from Live & Love crafts


The flower arrangement consists of a red curly rose, white lilies and 20mm Ivory open roses from WOC.
The larch cone, white flower spray, beaded berry stamen and Vintage crystal star pin are from Live & Love Crafts
I have coated the arrangement with Snow - Tex.
Can you see my adorable cherub? I made her out of Martha Stewart crafter's clay using a silicone mould. I rubbed over her with frayed burlap distress ink.


I tied tiny jingle bells from WOC with natural twine from The Ribbon Girl to the tree.
The bark star and jingle bells are from Live & Love Crafts
Lots of Snow - Tex again! I love the stuff! I need some more.


A close lokk at adorable Sparkle Poinsettia Tilda. Isn't she gorgeous?
I used Ranger gold liquid pearls on the poinsettia's and dotted Tilda's cheeks with a 
white gelly roll pen.
The 3mm s/a white pearls are from The ribbon Girl


Inside the card is decorated with design paper and a Spellbinders stately circle.

I hope I have inspired you to come along and join in with our Christmas In July challenge!?!?
My reamies have designed some gorgeous creations. Why not pop over for a peek?

I am entering my card into the following super challenges;


Thank you for stopping by to visit today and big thanks for all the lovely comments.
crafty hugs
Donna xx






10 comments:

  1. oh my word !!! so beautiful ! love the bells on your tree
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Donna. This has to be one of my favourite Christmas stamps and you have coloured her beautifully. As always, a gorgeous selection of dies and beautiful embellishments.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, this is pure Christmas magic. :o) Christmas is my favorite theme and you've certainly whisked me away to a festive winter wonderland. Tilda is stunning and I am enamored with all of your detailing. The tree is delightful and I love the bells atop the star. Gorgeous creation as always, my friend! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Live & Love Crafts!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna,
    Ohhhh...such a lovely traditional looking Christmas card! Beautiful colouring and the poinsettas look gorgeous with the added liquid pearls. The tree is fantastic as well!!! Thanks for joining LLC for our "Christmas in July" challenge.

    Take care,

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome design Donna, what a lovely keepsake.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi your colouring is sensational on her I love how each red element pops off the page. Love love the baubles on the tree.. So many gorgeous elements :) x

    .so

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card and amazing coloring. I love all the cute details. Thank you so much for joining us at Tilda´s Town this week.
    Hugs Åsalill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Donna! This is just so gorgeous. Your coloring is beautiful and the elements are all so lovely. I especially love the ornaments on the tree. Nice touch!

    Hugs,
    Laura C. - Tilda's Town DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wooowww, Stunning card Donna, as always :)
    Thank you for joining us at Paradise of Magnolia.
    Hgs, Irene Mendes

    ReplyDelete