Sunday 26 July 2015

Bikini Tilda And Summer Magnolia Only Challenge At The Ribbon Girl

Hello, lovely blogger friends.
I hope you are well.
It's the last Sunday of the month which means It's time for another Magnolia only challenge over on The Ribbon Girl challenge blog and this time the theme is SUMMER.

I have altered a stretch canvas.
I used Bikini Tilda from the Sea Breeze 2013 Collection.
I have coloured the image with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils.




I have painted the whole of the canvas with white Gesso
I covered the sides and inside the canvas with Maja Design Vintage Summer Basics papers.
Here is a list of all the gorgeous embellishments available from The Ribbon Girl online store that I used to decorate my canvas 
32mm Clementine Ivory Tulle Lace, Cheesecloth, Ivory White Magnolia Flowers, Rolled Paper Flowers - Aqua Roses Kort & Godt, Liliy Flowers Small Pale Pink, Seahorse Charm Bronze, Starfish Charm, 3mm White s/a Pearl Flatbacks, 3mm Sea Charm s/a Pearl Flatbacks, 6mm Hearts Ivory Silk Self Adhesive and 5m Bundle Natural Hemp Twine.


A few close up pictures.
I have used the seaweed die from Doohickey club vol 1 between the first flower arrangement and adhered 5mm white s/a pearls from my craft stash to the centre of the aqua rolled roses.
The tiny shells are what my super bloggy friend sent me. She collected them whilst on her holiday in Portugal. I adhered them onto a piece of cheesecloth.


To make up the beach huts I have used design paper and Doohickey large houses.
I adhered a heart to the each of the houses and adhered a 3mm sea charm pearl to each of the doors.
To make the banner I have used design paper and pennants from Doohickey Vol 1. I threaded natural hemp twine through the tops and adhered the banner to the frame with 2mm sticky pads.
The letters that I have cut out are from a sheet of  So Sophie alpha. I inked the edges of each letter with SSS Audrey blue premium ink.


A close look at Bikini Tilda.
I used Bead dazzle for the sand and surrounded the image with 3mm white s/a pearls.
I dotted Tilda's cheeks with a white gelly roll pen and adhered 3mm sea charm s/a pearls to the bunches in her hair.

I hope I have inspired you to come and join in with our Magnolia only challenge.
There are 2 fabulous prizes up for grabs.

The first is a £10 voucher to spend in The Ribbon Girl online store and the second prize is a rubber stamp kindly donated by Magnolia Stamps Sweden



My teamies have designed some gorgeous creations.
Why not pop over for a peek?

I am entering the following super challenges;


Thank you for stopping by to visit today and huge thanks for all the lovely comments.
have a great day.
Crafty hugs
Donna xx











4 comments:

  1. Oh Donna, this is unbelievably beautiful! Your canvas whisks me away to the beach! Tilda is darling and I love the gorgeous sand and sweet seahorse. The collection of shells from your friend is stunning and I adore the flowers and adorable beach hut border. Lovely work once again... I adore your eye for design! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna It's just amazing from Tilda posing on the sand ( love the beads as texture) to the houses at the top it's perfect every inch x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Donna! Love your cute Tilda coloring! So glad you linked up to Tilda's Town Challenges this week! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete